Sunday, September 22, 2013

Jack Fruit Trees of Salvador Dali

The Healer was attired in an all white ensemble. He wore the serenity of a graveyard lily.

I handed him the bunch of papers I had carefully assembled; various test reports and a sheet detailing my own perceptions and experiences. He glanced through but did not seem to be enthused by them. I felt humiliated.

Lying on my side, I could see, through the window, the jack fruit trees crowding the compound, very green and very wet but almost devoid of emotions. They had started to bear fruits and gave the impression that the coming harvest would be a good one. Oil, splashed all over my body and dripping over my temples, spread a rainbow over the green picture, like in a Dali painting.

The route to Thycauttussery was through the crowded clinics of Dubai. At all the cross roads, there sat a Healer, each with a distinct persona and weird attributes. The jack fruits trees of Salvador Dali, in some way, resembled the Healers.

I had a desire to cloth the Man in pastels so that he would merge better among the Dali trees.

No comments: